Miners' Pumpkin Patch returns Saturdays in October 2022
The Miners' Pumpkin Patch takes place Saturdays in October from 9am - 4pm.
Miners' Pumpkin Patch Games Area includes:
- Giant Checkerboard, Battleship, Jenga, Tic-Tac-Toe and more.
- Cornhole, ladder ball, Tetherball and family games.
- Kids Hay Maze and Hay-Mountain Slide and Corn Bins.
- Sack races and hands on activity corner.
- Vintage Apple Cider Press.
- and...The amazing PUMPKIN PATCH with Pumpkin Smash and Catapult.
Miners' Pumpkin Patch Historical Area includes:
- Machinery Demonstrations including 1920 Osgood Steam Shovel, Air Trammer and Mining Mucker
- Gold Panning at our Outdoor Troughs
- Tractor Pulled Hayrides
- Watch Blacksmiths work in our authentic Blacksmith shop (top of the hill)
- See the Yellow Jacket II Stamp Mill
Miners' Pumpkin Patch Corral Area includes:
- Food Trucks for meals, coffee and treats
- Picnic area under the trees or in the tent
- Family friendly music
- Farmers Market with creative, local vendors and artisans (participants may vary each week)
- Face painter and/or balloon twister (may vary each week)
Thank you for supporting the WMMI Fall Fundraiser
- ONLY SERVICE DOGS ALLOWED. Thank you for understanding-please keep your pets at home.
- No Alcohol allowed. No Smoking allowed.
- Please drive slowly and follow the directions of our volunteers.
Choose your favorite pumpkin
Tractor Pulled Hayride
It's the best time of the year!
Locally Source Pumpkins
Yay for Pumpkins!
Kids Hay Maze
Kids Hay Mountain & Slide
Working the Apple Press
Apple Cider Press
Panning for Gold
Food Trucks & Treats! (or bring your own picnic) 2022 participants may change
Frequently Asked Questions
I see purchasing your ticket in advance is cheaper than at the door, why is that?
We want to encourage folks to purchase your ticket in advance so we can get a better count of how many guests (make sure we have enough pumpkins, and our food vendors can plan for food). Plus, it helps us to make sure we are keeping room for everyone to be safe and have enough space. The online ticketing program asks you to select Morning or Afternoon to help us gauge traffic flow, but your tickets will be accepted any time during the day. Thank you for reserving your spot in advance!
***If you find you cannot make the day you purchased, please call 719-488-0880, we can help move your date to a future day.
Are pumpkins included in the cost of our ticket?
NO. Pumpkins are a separate purchase. You may enjoy our Miners' Pumpkin Patch WITHOUT purchasing a pumpkin, OR you may purchase as many pumpkins as you would like. If you purchase in advance, you will receive a "token" at check in to redeem for the pumpkin of your choice. You may purchase additional pumpkins at the patch. Please keep in mind, prices may fluctuate later in the season due to variations in market prices.
Is Museum admission included in our ticket?
Museum admission is extra...but as our thank you for supporting WMMI at the Miners' Pumpkin Patch, we are giving you a discount to the museum to use THAT day, or another day of your choice. Thank you for supporting your local, non-profit museum.
How long should we plan to stay?
That depends! There are lots of games and activities, and opportunities for exploring our 27 acre campus. Make sure you take some photos, maybe get lunch, a cup of coffee or a treat. Or, if you just want to grab your pumpkin and go...you can do that too! (But we would suggest you plan about 2 hours for the outdoor events, machine demonstrations and gold panning) A full schedule of events will be posted on our Facebook page and look for an email with that information if you purchase online.
Will we need additional money?
Your admission gives you full access to all games and demonstrations. You may purchase your pumpkins in advance and you will receive a token to use to "pay" for your pumpkin. You CAN absolutely enjoy a full day and leave without spending any additional money.
However....we do have food trucks, face painters, and a farmers market that would all require additional purchases. If you wanted to stop in our Museum Rock n' Gift Shop, that is open. If you wanted to purchase additional pumpkins or gourds...or if you wanted to catapult or smash your pumpkin, that would be an additional donation as well. Credit Cards are accepted as well as cash.
Thank you for your support, this is our primary fundraiser of the year. We do appreciate our community!
Can we reserve a time for our team or group?